Monday, May 20, 2013

Puzzle Book

I am in the middle of the book Why We Broke Up by Maira Kalman and Daniel Handler. So far the book is really good and I am enjoying it a lot. The book is currently describing Ed and Min's relationship and doesn't seem to have a very strong plot right now.
The book is in letter form, accompanied by items (in the book, pictures in real life) from there relationship (movie tickets, etc.) Because the letter is going by the different items, it does not tell every second of the relationship, so there are gaps that you do not read about. Reading a book like this reminds me of a mystery or a puzzle because you are piecing the story together. I think that this way you can almost fill in the blanks and think of the missing pieces yourself. I think that this is helping me stay close to the characters and is helping me like the book better.

No comments:

Post a Comment