Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Book Thief- Beginning

*THIS IS POSTED LATE BECAUSE I DIDN'T REALIZE IT NEVER POSTED*

    I just started a new book, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The book is about a German eleven year old girl named Liesel Meminger in 1939. At the beginning of the book, Liesel and her brother are being taken by their mother to a foster home because her mother is very poor and wants a better life for her children. Unfortunately, on the way to the foster home, her brother passes away and Liesel and her mother have to stop and bury the little boy. (This is not a spoiler because it happens within the first 20 or so pages.) When she is there she steals a book that the gravediggers dropped called the Gravediggers Handbook and then they continue on to the foster home. Once at the foster home her mother leaves and the story continues.
    Right off the bat I found I really liked this book. For the first part, I am almost positive the narrator is Death but I am not completely sure because I am not that far into the book yet. So far I really like the book and can tell that the writing is really great. I can't wait to keep reading the book!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds great! It would be really interesting to read from the viewpoint of death, and that's a unique autor's choice that would probab;y grab my attention too. Sounds cool and eventful, I would love to read it!!

    ReplyDelete