Monday, December 17, 2012

Finally Done!

*SPOILERS*
I am finally done with the last book in the His Dark Materials series, The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman. The book continues the story of Lyra and Will as the travel throughout worlds and adventure on together. It starts with Ms. Coulter with Lyra in a cave, with Lyra in a deep drugged sleep. Then of course Will comes and rescues her and they continue to the world of the dead and so on.
This book series was amazing! Every single book in the series connected perfectly and smoothly and there wasn't a single book in the series that wasn't interesting. One thing I was confused about was the good vs. bad theme in the story. Usually in stories like this there is a bigger good vs. evil but the only good is Lyra and Will and the bad seems to be Ms. Coulter and Lord Asriel who seem evil but then sacrifice themselves for Lyra's safety. I know I wrote about this before and I hoped that the good vs. evil would come to light but it never really did. In that way it was like the real world. When Lyra and Will were being torn out of their love and apart I was so sad but it made the story good and even more like the real world. I conclusion, I loved these books!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of these books before and I was thinking about reading them but turned away. I like how you described the book as actually real world. With good vs. evil I have not found a book that is actually realistic. So, I think I may want to read this series to discover something realistic in good vs. evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of it that way,how realistic it is that there is no real good side and I would definitely recommend the books because of that.

    ReplyDelete