Sunday, December 2, 2012

Starting the End

I am part way through the last book in the His Dark Materials series, The Amber Spyglass, by Phillip Pullman. In the book so far, Lyra is in a deep sleep from a potion that her mother Ms. Coutler is giving her and Will has to find her. The story line with Mary Malone also continues as she lives with the strange creatures described as people but not humans, the mulefa. Lord Asriel is still compiling his army but when the giant battle will happen is still unknown. Two branches of the Church are also now involved in the story as they track Lyra.
These books have been full of twists and turns so far and I am really excited to finish this one. I still do not know if there is a good or a bad side in the fight that is yet to come. I feel that Ms. Coutler is definitely bad, but I thought that way about Lord Asriel as well but now I don't know. Now everyone (including the angels) are joining Lord Asriels side so he might be good but he is still in love with the evil Ms. Coutler because of their marriage so I don't trust him. There are so many twist and turns and good versus evil (even thought I can barely sort out who is good or evil) in this book that I can't wait to read more!

4 comments:

  1. I loved these books! If you haven't already read it you'll like the ending. I liked it okay. Did you watch the movie? This is one of those good books that made a really weird movie then never went anywhere with it. It's annoying! There's actually two more books after this one as well, and one that's still coming out, "The Book of Dust," which I'm really hyped to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAIT THERES ANOTHER ONE COMING??? I will die when I read that and the book was great. Did you know that he wrote the book in response to the Chronicles of Narnia? He read it and he knew he could write it better (which he did) so he did. That's why there is so much stuff about Church and religion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been interested in these books due to the mixture of excitement and fiction, but have never actually gotten around to read them. But you Clara, you've changed my mind (for the better)! I have now put the "Dark Materials" series on my ever so small reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Glad to recommend these super good books!

    ReplyDelete