Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Book!

I just started reading a new book called So Big by Edna Ferber. The book is about the life of a women (19) named Selina Peake. The beginning of the book starts with the explanation of the title (kind of). The 2nd chapter starts later in the past when Selina was younger. So far in the book Selina has gone to the High Prairie near Chicago, where she used to live, and is in a Dutch community. She becomes the teacher at the school there and is living with a Dutch family. The most recent thing that happened in the book was that Selina got married to a man named Pervus DeJong, which was hinted in the first chapter because Selinas last name was different.
So far I am really enjoying this book. The book is at a hard(ish) level and set in the past. I can't wait to keep reading and get deeper into the book!

4 comments:

  1. Nice post Clara! The book sounds a little interesting from the setting. I'm not sure I would want to read it because I don't know what the plot is but please post more so I can know more. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book seems really good! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I would just like to know what exact parts of the book do you really like so far? You mentioned that the book was "hardish" but what other parts of it do you or don't you like? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book Clara! I do have one question, however. Have you come across any conflicts that the characters have to face?
    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete