Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Finished!

I finished my last summer reading book, "From Baghdad, With Love." The book is about Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman (who wrote the book with Melinda Roth) and his time in the most recent war in Iraq. In 2004 Jay finds a little puppy who they name Lava, after the Lava Dogs, (a group of US Marine Corps.) Slowly Jay falls in love with Lava and begins on a mission to rescue the dog. The mission lasts until 2005 when the book ends. I really enjoyed the book because I love animals and this is a really heartwarming story but is also non-fiction which is not what I am used to and like. The book was also insanely sad when the authors described what general life was like in Iraq. It really showed me how terrible the war really was which is something you always say you understand but really don't. This book brought me closer to understanding how sad and devastating the war is. The end of the book was also really rewarding and I altogether loved the story. I strongly recommend this book if you like non-fiction, especially when it has a stronger story and plot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment